Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Last Day of July

   I don't have my office set up yet, so I've been writing out on our side porch.  At only sixteen square feet it's not as spacious as our front porch, but it is somewhat hidden from my neighbors and is big enough to fit a beach chair.  I have to use the railing as side table for my drink because the cup-holder in the arm of the chair is holding my iPod and phone.  I like this setup for writing though, I have fresh air, a drink and music. The air is seventy-four degrees, the drink is RC cola & Jim Beam on the rocks and the music is Genre > Rock > Shuffle.  The combination of the three is making me lazy. Take a sip, close my eyes and enjoy a little Cracker. I wonder, what will come on next, as I close my eyes and drift off, remembering when I used to listen to this album in the office of the Clay Theater while doing paperwork, probably payroll.  Oh, the Beatles? Good choice iPod.  Is the real Paul dead?  No matter, this one did some good work and went on to write a great song for a 007 movie.  Thin Lizzy, nice.  When I was a kid I thought they were some crazy hard rock band, like KISS.  I associated them with the axe murderer Lizzy Borden.  Turns out they were just a hard rockin' Irish blues band, apparently (if the internet is to be a trusted research source) named after a comic book robot, how cool is that?  The iPod thinks so, it's playing a two-fer.  Hmm... more Beatles, "Paperback Writer", well played iPod.  Okay, try to get back to writing.  Nope, the sun is sneaking around to this side of the house and is now hitting my back, making me warm and sleepy.  No work on the book today, but at least I managed to get some writing done today and that's better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment