Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sausage Exam Party!

Brought to you by freshly brewed coffee and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

   Years ago, I used to choose three random words out of a dictionary and create a short story using those three words in the title. Today I decided to try an online random word generator, the first three words were (in order) sausage, exam and party. Wow, the possibilities were endless.
   Aside from the obvious sexual innuendo,what the heck is a sausage exam party? Is it something that a group of USDA inspectors do on a Saturday night? Each one brings a sample of sausage from a meat processing plant they inspected that week and then they try to figure out which ones passed inspection and which ones failed. At the end of the night the winner gets driven by the loser to the Emergency Room. Everyone else can get there any way they choose I suppose, I haven't figured out all the rules yet.
   Maybe it's where Assistant Charcutiers bring their best sausages to some sort of judging event. They have a chance to become Master Charcutier if their sausage is deemed good enough. Of course, they would have to pass the regional competitions before making it to state and then, finally, on to nationals.  Only the best will move on, but everyone would have a good time because, hey, it's a party.
   It's quite possible that it's a strange political party. I'm not sure what their platform is and I'm not sure if I even want to. Seriously, I really think I don't want to know.
   Whatever a sausage exam party is I'm sure it's amazing! Except for the last one, I'm starting to weird myself out just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment